Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Danger!!!!

If you know me then you know that I am not an organic/herbal freak, however I have been doing some research into what we are eating and using in our houses. I know that a lot of people say things like "my grandma is 90 and it never killed her so I'm sure I'll be fine." If you truly think about that, its not entirely true. When our grandparents were our age they had to make most of what they ate (growing, canning, butchering etc.) Do you realize how much of a difference that makes? Another thing--Keeping house (as my grandma would say) She had to make her laundry detergent and soap. The chemicals that exist now didn't exist then! There are so many natural remedies instead of using chemicals. I bought a SHARK steam cleaner, its great. No chemicals on the floors anymore. I'm also now starting to use vinegar and baking soda for almost all cleaning. My mom used to clean our walls with vinegar (I hate this stuff, it stinks!) and she didn't have to have a whole cabinet full of chemicals to keep our house clean. My family wasn't sick and had no major health issues. My thought then, is that we stop using so many chemicals (I know people wont stop completely) and start using what God gave us to clean more naturally. Now don't get my wrong I'm not going to stop using shampoo, soap, deodorant etc but I do think that there are many other things that we can do naturally and may I add cheaper!! I hope you all take the time to really think about this and research it. I'm going to start a small garden next spring and I'm so excited to have home grown fresh food to feed my family. I know that it will be a lot of work but very rewarding. There are so many recipes for all the fresh veggies, it will be a great reward!  

No comments:

Post a Comment